Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Gobble Gobble

For those of you who know me well, you realize that I should have titled this blog oink oink. However, bowing to the overwhelming dominance of the turkey, I concede. Upon further reflection, however, I think we can all relate to the oink oink since we'll all be pigging out tomorrow.
This is the first Thanksgiving of my life that I will be observing it with friends rather than family. Yes, Steve will be with me (thankfully he is both my best friend and my closest family) and we will be joining Brianna, Ryan and Elyse for dessert later in the evening. I'm sure the dinner and the company will be lovely and I will have a good time. However, like Dorothy says, there is no place like home. In my mind I will go back to my mom's unbelievably great gravy, my dad making the potatoes with a whole stick of butter, Cindy's creative place markers and the whole Warner clan together. In later memories, I see all of us gathered around the table in the desert with my new dad saying grace. I will always treasure these times as life goes on and new memories and loved faces are added.
I am grateful to God for keeping us all healthy this year and adding two little ones to our family: welcome Brendan and Ella. Perhaps someday we will all be together again around a BIG Thanksgiving table. Until that day, know that I love you and you'll be in my thoughts tomorrow...Mom, Dad, Kirby, Cindy, Brianna, Scott, Karen, Kevin, Rachel, Chris, Holly, Elyse, Brendan, Emily and Ella.

1 comment: